Queen City REIA provides a content-rich environment for high quality education, productive networking opportunities and resource and support team building to ensure its members have the best opportunity for achievement in all aspects of real estate investing.
The ownership and management of Real Estate is a highly regulated segment of the free enterprise system of the United States. As such, the members of Queen City REIA must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism.
Membership in QCREIA means that each member is part of an organization of people intent on expanding his or her knowledge of Real Estate Investing and Management.
We, the members of the Queen City REIA, will:
- Provide safe and sanitary housing
- Provide affordable housing opportunities
- Develop and Re-Develop housing units which make neighborhoods and communities more attractive and desirable
- Are visible as active Investment Professionals
In order to pursue these ends in a legal and ethical manner, all “members of Queen City REIA” will be held to a high standard of ethical behavior which includes, but is not limited to the following enumerated list of behaviors:
I, as a Queen City REIA member:
- Will not intentionally misrepresent any material fact in my business dealings
- Will keep myself informed on matters affecting housing in my community, including local, state, and federal laws.
- Will provide safe and sanitary housing.
- Will provide assistance to fellow Queen City REIA members whenever prudent and appropriate.
- Will act as a positive role model for the professions of Real Estate Investing and Housing Providers when dealing with tenants, the public, the media, government officials, and all others.
- Will be responsible to complete my own due diligence (homework) in all business dealings and will encourage others to do the same.
- Will not malign other REIA members- – either locally or members of other National REIA Chapters.
- Will NOT use the Queen City REIA logo, or other identification material or slogans, without the express written permission of the Board of Directors (or Trustees).
- Will NOT make any unauthorized representation to the public, press or media with regards to Queen City REIA’s nor National REIA’s position on any matter, and not represent any legislative or political position as though it is that of the organization, without Board approval.
- Shall endeavor to promote Queen City REIA and National REIA in its positive image within the community, and to aid and assist in the organization’s growth prosperity.
Those who want the Association to take action against a member for what they perceive to be unethical behavior as defined in this document must present their case and evidence of unethical behavior to the Queen City REIA President, in writing, for review. The President, the Executive Committee, and two volunteers from the general membership, will serve on an Ethics Committee, which the President will chair unless he is directly involved. The Ethics Committee will investigate and review the allegations. The Ethics Committee will submit their findings and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors in a timely manner. The Queen City REIA Board of Directors may then impose whatever sanctions it deems appropriate. Such action may include, but not be limited to, suspension or permanent disbarment from the organization.